Step 1 of 4 - Accept Terms
The use of the MyParamount service ("Service") is subject to the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") contained below.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE MYPARAMOUNT SERVICE. BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CONTAINED BELOW.
By accepting this User Agreement as a Member:
You acknowledge that the health care benefit information for yourself may be displayed in this Web site. If you are a Paramount subscriber, you acknowledge that the health care benefit information for all covered family members may be displayed in this Web site, and you confirm the statement below:
"I have financial responsibility for the minor and adult dependents covered by Paramount. I have obtained the consent of any adult dependents to view their personally identifiable information for purposes of health care benefit management. I understand that this information cannot be used for any other purpose without the written consent of the adult dependents."
Paramount takes the security of member information very seriously and has established safeguards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to and use and disclosure of member information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information. Only authorized personnel within our organization who need to service your account will see your information. As a condition of employment, these individuals must abide by the terms of Paramount's confidentiality policies. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. In addition, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify Paramount immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- USER CONDUCT
As a condition of your use of the Service, you warrant to Paramount that you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
The Service is provided to individuals only and for personal use only. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service, or the resale of its services, is expressly prohibited. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content of your transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- Use the Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any non-personal purpose.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity that is not a Service member any directory of the Service members or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Service as permitted under this agreement.
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs.
- Transmit or upload any material that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported from the United States through the service.
- Interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another individual's or entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
- Paramount has no obligation to monitor the Service or any user's use thereof or retain the content of any user session.
- However, Paramount reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
THE LINKS INCLUDED WITHIN THE SERVICE MAY LET YOU LEAVE THE SERVICE WEB SITES ("LINKED SITES"). THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF PARAMOUNT AND PARAMOUNT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. PARAMOUNT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. PARAMOUNT IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY PARAMOUNT OF THE SITE OR ANY ASSOCIATION WITH THEIR OPERATORS.
- DISCLAIMERS/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information and services included in or available through the Service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Paramount and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Service at any time.
Paramount does not represent or warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Paramount does not warrant or represent that the use or the results of the use of the Service or the materials made available as part of the Service will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
You specifically agree that Paramount shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the Service. You specifically agree that Paramount is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that Paramount is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in the Service by any third party.
PARAMOUNT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE SERVICE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. PARAMOUNT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
You agree to indemnify and hold Paramount, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Service.
Paramount may terminate your access to any part or all of the Service and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
Paramount may also terminate or suspend your account for inactivity, which is defined as failing to sign-in to the Service for an extended period of time, as determined by Paramount. Upon termination of the Service, your right to use the Service immediately ceases.
If you wish to terminate your account, your only recourse is to discontinue the use of the Service.
- PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTIONS OF ADVERTISERS
Any dealings with Advertisers on the Service or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the Advertiser or other third party. Paramount shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT
You acknowledge that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in either sponsor advertisements or electronically distributed, commercially produced information presented to you by the Service, by Paramount, or Paramount's Advertisers or other content providers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You may make a copy of this content for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way content available through the Service and its associated Web sites, including code and software.
- MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE, MEMBER POLICIES
Paramount reserves the right to change the User Agreement or policies regarding the use of the Service at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the User Agreement on this Web site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the User Agreement. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and the United States of America. Use of the Service is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Paramount as a result of this agreement or use of the Service. Paramount's performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Paramount's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Service or information provided to or gathered by Paramount with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and Paramount with respect to the Service (excluding the use of any software which may be subject to an end-user license agreement) and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and Paramount with respect to the Service. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You and Paramount agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to this Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in this agreement are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.